Green Caribbean Resorts — St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
Welcome to Maho Bay Camps and Concordia Eco-Resort, two Caribbean eco-resorts on St. John, USVI, where you'll find unforgettable vacations in a natural and environmentally sensitive yet extremely comfortable settings. In the US Virgin Islands National Park, Maho has its own beaches and offers a variety of water sports. At Maho Bay Camps, stay in our tent cottages or in the apartments at Harmony Studios. Concordia Eco-Resort includes Concordia Eco-Tents and Concordia Eco-Studios. Each has its own distinct comfort level, but all are built on the same green philosophies.
Maho Bay Camps:
Maho Bay Camps
- Eco-resort preserving lush environment with 30 year history
- A friendly community atmosphere where families, couples & singles are welcome
- 114 tent-cottages with private balconies
- Shared bathrooms and showers
- Maho white sand beach on site
- Outdoor restaurant with views of sunset
- Store stocked with food, drinks & accessories
- Art classes in recycled crafts
- Evening handblown glass demonstrations
- Watersports shop and beach café
- Unique wooden walkways to tent-cottages
- Located at Maho Bay Camps eco-resort with shared activities
- 6 two-story buildings each with 2 studios (12 studios total)
- Studios are similar to comfortable hotel rooms
- Private bathroom with shower, toilet & sink
- Each studio includes deck with outstanding ocean views
- Complete kitchen including all kitchenware for guests
- Choice of larger Livingroom Studio or Bedroom Studio
- On-site beach and watersports activities
- Snorkeling, hiking, kayaking & art program on premises
If you've been looking for an unforgettable vacation in the US Virgin Islands, where tree frogs and hummingbirds feel just as comfortable as you do, in a pristine, natural setting, you have come to the right web site. Less than a three hour flight from Florida, or three and a half from NYC, in the Caribbean's gorgeous US Virgin Islands National Park, Maho has its own secluded, white sand beach, and plenty of water sports like sailing, scuba, wind surfing, and snorkeling for active guests. There's also lots of peace and quiet for those who simply want to enjoy the natural surroundings in thousands of unspoiled acres.
When Maho Bay Camps opened in 1976, the term ecotourism didn't even exist. Environmentally sensitive travelers usually had to "rough it" to be close to nature. My idea was to provide intimacy with the great outdoors, in the US Virgin Islands (where English is spoken), one of the world's most beautiful settings, with comfort and convenience, at low cost.
Maho's tent cottages proved to be so popular that we added Harmony Studios and we now have a sister resort, Concordia Eco-Resort which includes Concordia Eco-Tents and Concordia Eco-Studios. Both eco-resorts are based on the same idea, creature comforts for all creatures. Each facility on St. John (the least populated of the US Virgin Islands) has its own comfort level, from basic to more luxurious. Each is built on the same philosophy; that environmental sensitivity, human comfort and responsible consumption are all compatible and can also enhance your vacation experience.
Thanks to many new technologies, it is now possible for “green” travelers to enjoy intimacy with nature while staying in dwellings constructed almost entirely of recycled materials, powered by the sun and wind, and built with site-sensitive techniques that preserve and protect the fragile eco-system of the US Virgin Islands.
Note: * U.S. citizens do NOT need a passport to travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands,
but are encouraged to carry a printed copy of the State Department Fact Sheet.